get inspired • build your business • expand your network
Do, don't dream
Whether you're a designer, developer, corporate escapee or just curious about running your own business this workshop will teach you how to take your ideas forward and give you a great starting point for thinking like an entrepreneur.
What you'll learn
You'll get inspired, learn some innovative tools and techniques and connect with likeminded people in this session run by the founders of Spook Studio and The Happy Startup School. They’ll challenge you to ensure you’re building the right kind of company that means you’ll stick it out for the long haul.
We're here to help you gain the confidence and skills you need to build & grow your own happy, thriving business in 2014. This will be a fun, interactive day by the sea where we’ll be helping budding entrepreneurs and early-stage startup founders alike build companies their proud of faster.
What’s in it for me?
- An inspiring day by the sea with likeminded people
- Find your passion, gain confidence
- Lay the foundations for an authentic brand
- Learn innovative techniques to test your startup ideas
- Build your tribe of superfans
- Create your Minimum Loveable Product
- Build your network with others that can help you
Add clarity to your vision
Avoid common pitfalls
Save time by creating focus
Speed up decision making
Learn the power of good design
Build a product that people love
Learn how to effectively talk (and listen) to customers
- Have some fun!
Schedule for the day
- 9.00 Pick up from the rear of Brighton station (Big Lemon Bus)
- 9.30 Arrive at venue, tea/coffee, pastries
Morning session – you and your idea
- 10.00 Intros
- 10.15 Talk: What is a happy startup?
- 10.30 Session 1: Combat your fear of failure with Kate Taylor
- 11.30 Session 2: Your mission
- 1.00 Lunch
Afternoon session – building a happy startup
- 2.00 Session 3: Developing a sustainable business model (Carlos Saba)
- 3.30 Session 4: Create your Minimum Loveable Product (Laurence McCahill)
- 5.00 Drinks, networking
Numbers are limited to 20 so snap up a ticket fast. We ask that all attendees come with a startup idea (made up is fine, a real one is better!) that you'd like to explore on the day. Session will take place in a very inspiring, brand new location on the beach. We hope you can join us for what promises to be an awe inspiring day.
This session will be run by the inspirational founders of Spook Studio (a startup consultancy & innovation studio) – Laurence McCahill and Carlos Saba. They've created and launched dozens of successful startups and digital products, both for their clients and themselves, and regularly mentor startups teams at programs in the UK and overseas such as Hub Launchpad, Lean Startup Machine and HyperIsland.
You'll get a chance to ask questions throughout and connect with likeminded people. We'll share relevant resources afterwards so you can take your learning forward.